Ready to announce an engagement
(or a wedding or anniversary)?
WEHOville.com is celebrating the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision on Proposition 8 by launching Celebrations
For the next four weeks (until July 12), email your engagement or wedding or anniversary announcement (or if you’re in a same-sex marriage, proclaim your married status — now that the federal government recognizes you, we want to as well) to Wedding@WEHOville.com. Feel free to include pictures of the brides and/or grooms or the engaged couple (no more than two please). And also include your telephone number and a good time to call (we need to check to make sure it’s all for real before we publish).
What you write is up to you (we reserve the right to edit for spelling and grammar). Things to think about:
1. The standard information your friends and family will expect to see includes your names, ages, places of birth/origin, professional and/or educational background and current employment or life passion.
2. If it’s an advance wedding announcement, you can let friends visiting WEHOville.com know when the service will be held. If it has already been held, let everyone know where and when.
3. You’ll probably want to mention your adoring parents and maybe brothers and sisters. And of course the kids if you have those
4. Please feel free to share how the two of you met. Was it love at first sight? Or did it take a while (some of the best relationships do).
5. And don’t forget that telephone number (which won’t be published) and those photos, with names added (which will be published).
After July 12 we’ll continue to help WEHOvillians celebrate with an easy to use online Celebrations announcement application we currently are developing.