Coronavirus hospitalizations in Los Angeles County continued setting records on Tuesday as the county fast approaches over 8,000 people in the hospital with COVID-19, a number that was unimaginable just a month ago.
Meanwhile, the county has more than 1,000 COVID-related deaths in the past week, crossing past over the 11,000 cumulative death threshold on Tuesday.
There are 7,898 people hospitalized with COVID-19 in Los Angeles County on Tuesday, a record-breaking number. That’s 201 more people than were hospitalized on Monday when there were 7,697people hospitalized, a number that was record-breaking at the time.
Of those hospitalized, 21% are in the ICU. That translates to about 1,590 people in the ICU.
County health officials announced 244 more people dead from the coronavirus on Tuesday. The county’s cumulative death toll is now 11,071 people.
On Tuesday, Los Angeles County reported 13,512 new COVID-19 cases. The county now has a cumulative total of 840,611 cases since the pandemic began in March.
To date, more than 4.826 million people have been tested for the coronavirus since the pandemic began. Of those tested, an overall average of 16% are testing positive.
As of Saturday, LA County has received a total of 189,995 doses of the Pfizer vaccine and 96,390 doses have been administered to frontline healthcare workers at acute care hospitals. As of Saturday, the county has received 81,571 doses of the Moderna vaccine and 22,221 doses have been administered to staff and residents at skilled nursing facilities as well as EMT’s and paramedics.
The county has not provided any additional updates on the number of people vaccinated.
West Hollywood recorded 13 new cases on Tuesday, for a cumulative total of 1,502 cases since the pandemic began. The city had one new death; the cumulative death total is now 15 deaths.
Below are the numbers for areas near West Hollywood:
- Beverly Hills – 29 new cases for a total of 1,733 cases and no new deaths for a total of 15 deaths.
- Carthay neighborhood – 10 new cases for a total of 650 cases and no new deaths for a total of 31 deaths.
- Culver City – 21 new cases for a total of 1,403 cases and 1 new death for a total of 43 deaths.
- Hollywood – 21 new cases for a total of 3,544 cases and no new deaths for a total of 32 deaths.
- Melrose neighborhood – 57 new cases total of 5,374 cases and 2 new deaths for a total of 109 deaths.
- Miracle Mile – 5 new cases for a total of 587 cases and no new deaths for a total of 7 deaths.
- Park La Brea – 5 new cases for a total of 386 cases and no new deaths for a total of 1 death.
- Santa Monica – 47 new cases for a total of 2,948 cases and 3 new deaths for a total of 75 deaths.
The Carthay neighborhood incorporates the areas of Los Angeles between the Beverly Hills city limits and Fairfax Avenue, with Beverly Boulevard as the northern border and Wilshire Boulevard as the southern border.
The Melrose neighborhood incorporates the areas of Los Angeles east of La Cienega and west of Vermont Avenue, between Santa Monica Boulevard on the north and Beverly Boulevard on the south.
For information about the many resources available to West Hollywood residents who have been impacted by COVID-19, CLICK HERE.