The City of West Hollywood will hold several meetings over the next few months to solicit feedback from residents about plans for improvements to William S. Hart Park.
The park, which is located at 8341 De Longpre Ave., includes an AIDS Memorial, an off-leash fenced-in dog park area, and picnic tables. It also is the location of Hart House, constructed in 1919 in the Colonial Revival style, were originally was the home
Residents will be asked to share ideas about improving pedestrian and vehicular accessibility to the park as well as discuss possible upgrades to existing park amenities. The park is accessible both from De Longpre to the south and Sunset Boulevard to the north.
A landscape architect will be present at the first meeting, which will take place on Feb. 1 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Hart Park. The landscape architect will present renderings and drawings that represent how the park may look based on feedback and consideration of the community’s comments and ideas. The final concepts will be presented for approval to the West Hollywood City Council in mid-2020.
These pop-ups and community engagement events will provide opportunities for everyone to learn more about Hart Park, share ideas and comments to improve the park, and meet City staff and other community members who are interested in
In addition to the Feb. 1 event, the city has scheduled the following:
- Feb. 5, 3 to 7 p.m. at the grass area at West Hollywood Park, 627 S. San Vicente Blvd. south of Santa Monica.
- Feb. 10, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Farmers Market on the Fountain Avenue side of Plummer Park just east of North Vista Street.
- Feb. 20, 6 to 8 p.m., Rooms 5 & 6 at the Plummer Park Community Center, 7377 Santa Monica Blvd. west of Fuller Avenue.
- March 25, 6 to 7:30 p.m., at the Disability Advisory Board meeting, Rooms 5 & 6 at the Plummer Park Community Center, 7377 Santa Monica Blvd. west of Fuller Avenue.
- April 15, 6 to 8 p.m., a presentation of the preferred concept at Rooms 5 & 6 at the Plummer Park Community Center, 7377 Santa Monica Blvd. west of Fuller Avenue.
- June 10, 6:30 to 9 p.m., a presentation to the City Council at the City Council Chambers, 625 N. San Vicente Blvd, south of Santa Monica.
Event-related special accommodations may be provided upon written or phone request to Debbie Gonzalez within 48 hours prior to event date. Gonzalez can be reached by email at DeGonzalez@weho.org or by phone at (323) 848-3116.