As part of efforts to maintain and improve roadways and major corridors, the City of West Hollywood’s Facilities and Field Services Division will coordinate a four-day project to grind and overlay existing roadway asphalt on Santa Monica Boulevard from North Crescent Heights Boulevard to North La Brea Avenue.
Work will commence on Tuesday at 8 a.m. and will run through Friday at 4 p.m. Crews will be mindful of peak congestion hours and will seek to reduce impacts to traffic flow as much as possible. Work will also be performed on Fountain Avenue, Norton Avenue, Beverly Boulevard, and North La Cienega Boulevard. Motorists are urged to plan ahead and use alternate routes in anticipation of potential delays.
Grind and overlay work to existing roadway asphalt is considered minor; the work will involve removal and smoothing of patchwork potholes. Work crews will adhere to all roadway construction procedures and will maintain at least one lane of traffic through the work area at all times. Temporary “No Parking” signs will be posted 72 hours in advance of affected work areas.
Specific improvement locations include:
• Santa Monica Boulevard from North Crescent Heights Boulevard to North La Brea Avenue, at various locations;
• North La Brea Avenue northbound and southbound lanes, at two locations;
• Fountain Avenue eastbound lanes, at North Detroit Street;
• Norton Avenue at and near Crescent Heights Boulevard;
• Beverly Boulevard westbound lanes at North Doheny Drive and eastbound lanes at North Robertson Boulevard; and
• North La Cienega Boulevard southbound lanes, just north of Holloway Drive.