P.U.M.P. got hot this morning. Smoke was flowing from the lounge and restaurant owned by reality TV celebrity Lisa Vanderpump and her husband Ken Todd a little after 11 a.m. Given its location on the southeast corner of Santa Monica and Robertson boulevards, and its tie to Vanderpump, the incident provoked a flurry of calls and texts.
Capt. Jason Hurd of the L.A. Fire Department’s Station 7 said the fire wasn’t major and that P.U.M.P. can be back in business tonight. Hurd said some smoldering material behind a wall in the kitchen was the source of the smoke. There were no injuries.