LGBT advocacy organization Equality California will hold its 2014 Los Angeles Equality Awards on Saturday, Sept. 20 at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, 2025 Avenue of the Stars at Constellation.
Honorees will include:
- Long Beach Mayor Robert Garcia (Vanguard Leadership Award)
- Betty Yee, candidate for State Controller (Ally Leadership Award)
- Mia Yamamoto, an attorney and transgender rights advocate (State Farm Good Neighbor Award)
- Bibson Dunn & Crutcher LLP (Corporate Leadership Award)
- Fred Arens & Jason Duguay, whose Halloweenie benefit has raised money for LGBT organizations (Humanitarian Award)
West Hollywood Mayor John D’Amico and City Councilmember Jeffrey Prang are dinner co-chairs, alongside Beth Collins-Burgard.
“Each year EQCA honors the inspirational leaders and outstanding allied organizations whose selfless work helps create a better world for all people. The Equality Awards recognize the achievements of the organization, its sponsors, members, staff and volunteers, as well as the LGBT community,” according to the EQCA website.