As a twenty year resident in the City of West Hollywood I am a veteran of hundreds of public hearings and events. This is my fourth run for West Hollywood City Council. I am a graduate of the Sheriff’s Department of Community Policing Academy.
Why I want to run:
- First and foremost “To be a fresh new voice of the people”
- Increase the lighting throughout all of West Hollywood to help curb local crimes. Creating “unified” policing by the Sherriff’s Dept and our Citizens.
- Installing Camera’s on the Santa Monica and Sunset to help the Sherriff’s Dept catch criminals will make our city safer to all of its residents.
- Seniors and the Disabled Residents of West Hollywood who live on “Fixed Incomes” often go hungry at different points of the year – I propose opening a West Hollywood Food Bank to help those of our citizens that need occasional help.
- Our Russian Community also needs to be celebrated as a unique community, I want their needs and voices to be heard as well, and therefore I call for Public hearings in Plummer Park to help address this specific community.
- Expand public comment.
The budget for the City of West Hollywood has doubled since the first time I ran for City Council back in 1999 and still our neighborhoods are in need of capital improvements such as sidewalks, greenways for pets. I would also propose building a new Sherriff’s station to give them updated resources to help them fully police our community.
Vote for change.
Thank you; Tom Demille